C. Bennett Long is a native and life-long resident of Mobile, Alabama. In 2005, he was admitted to the Alabama State Bar, U.S. District Court, Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama. Mr. Long has experience in a wide range of legal areas, with particular focus on personal injury cases, class-action lawsuits, and property insurance claims.
- University of Alabama (B.S., with distinction (2001))
- Cumberland School of Law – Samford University (J.D., cum laude (2005))
- Member and Associate Editor of the Cumberland Law Review.
- Author of Comment published in the 2004-05, Volume 35 Cumberland Law Review entitled “Products Liability and the Merger Doctrine: The Alabama Extended Manufacturers Liability Doctrine Is No Longer the Sole Vehicle of Recourse for Plaintiffs in Alabama”
- Author of Article published in the Spring/Summer 2012, Volume 32, Number 2 Alabama Association for Justice Journal entitled “Property Insurance Claims & Insurance Companies: The Battle of Competing Objectives – Insurer vs. Insured”
Upon graduation from law school, Mr. Long returned to his native Mobile and initially focused his practice on representing policyholders on a nationwide basis in commercial and residential property insurance claim disputes, including claims for business interruption and loss of income. Mr. Long has represented clients in several thousand first party property claims as a result of Hurricanes Ivan and Katrina in addition to other catastrophic events such as fires, tornadoes, wind, hail storms and man-made disasters. Most recently, Mr. Long represented hundreds of clients in central and northern Alabama with property insurance claims from the recent string of devastating tornadoes.
Mr. Long and his partner also represent a wide array of businesses and individual clients through the court-supervised class action settlement process resulting from the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill, which was the worst offshore oil spill in U.S. history.
Personal injury law is another area in which Mr. Long has a great deal of experience. Over the course of his career, Mr. Long has successfully provided steadfast legal representation to clients injured by the negligence and wrongdoing of others. Mr. Long is devoted to helping people in the aftermath of a serious accident recover the full and fair compensation they need to move forward and restore their lives.
Outside of work, Mr. Long is an avid hunter, fisherman and conservationist. Mr. Long and his wife have two young sons and recently welcomed a baby girl to the family.