Named by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in 2019, Trip’s attention to detail, drive, and intelligence set him apart. Trip’s experience gives him the ability to plan three steps ahead, whether it be preparing for upcoming litigation, or ensuring the proper steps are taken to obtain a favorable settlement beforehand.
Trip has represented hundreds of clients over the years in a myriad of different cases. Trip has earned recognition as a top trial attorney, and is known for taking on some of the biggest and most powerful companies and people in the State. Trip has consistently produced successful results for his clients in a variety of contexts, including mass-torts, environmental pollution, car wrecks, 18-wheeler wrecks, slip/trip and falls, insurance bad faith, and fraud just to name a few.
Trip was born and raised in Tuscaloosa. His mom is also an attorney, and she inspired him to fight for those who had been wronged, and to stand up for what’s right. He attended Tulane University where he double-majored in History and Philosophy, graduating with honors in 2005. While in college, Trip volunteered with Habitat for Humanity and as a tutor in the New Orleans Public School System.
Trip attended law school at the University of Alabama School of Law, where he graduated magna cum laude in 2008. During law school, he received the prestigious Dean’s Community Service Award for his leadership in giving back to the community.
Trip lives in Mobile with his wife Allison, their daughter, Lana, and their golden retriever, Max.
Bar Admissions, Certifications, and Associations
- The Supreme Court of the United States of America
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- The United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- The Alabama State Bar Association
- The South Alabama Trial Lawyers Association
- The Alabama Association for Justice
University of Alabama School of Law, J.D. Magna Cum Laude
- Order of the Coif
- Senior Editor for the Alabama Law Review
- Hugo L. Black Scholar
- Dean’s Community Service Award
- Best Paper Award: Decedents’ Estates, Trusts, Fiduciary Obligations, Secured Credit Transactions, The Legal Profession, Family Law, Labor Law
Tulane University, B.A. Philosophy and History, Cum Laude
- Tulane Honor Student and Dean’s List
- Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Alpha Theta, and Phi Eta Sigma academic honor societies