Because your child is so vulnerable during pregnancy and delivery, birth injury can lead to a lifetime of struggle for your baby. Some common causes of birth injury include:
- Doctors prescribing dangerous/inappropriate medications during pregnancy
- Doctors misdiagnosing or failing to diagnose serious conditions
- Physical injury to the head, neck, or shoulders during delivery
- Interrupted oxygen supply to the brain during pregnancy or delivery
- Inadequately monitoring the baby after a traumatic birth
Many birth injuries can leave babies with the inability to properly grow and function as normal children do. Your family deserves compensation for your baby’s birth injury so that you can provide the medical care and attention he or she may need.
The Alabama birth injury attorneys of Long & Long will help you fight for the rights of your baby and get you the compensation your family deserves. If the negligence of a medical professional was responsible for your child’s birth injury, we have the experience to help you bring a successful medical malpractice lawsuit in Alabama court.