Vehicle accidents are an all too common occurrence on the road today. Someone is involved in a motor vehicle accident every ten seconds in the United States, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. When you or a loved one is in a car accident, you will want to be prepared for every possible outcome. Your foresight may save a life. On September 11, 2010, the Cullman Times reported the death of an Etowah County man after a one-vehicle accident in Cullman County. Including this recent accident, 360 fatalities have been reported year-to-date in Alabama in 2010. The cause of the accident is still under investigation but perhaps one more life could have been saved with a proper emergency kit. The qualified Alabama vehicle accident attorneys at Long & Long have a great deal of experience in pursuing vehicle accident cases and notable success for their clients. Contact our offices today to have your car accident questions answered and to learn more about vehicle accidents in Alabama.
Essentials for Your Glove Box
You can never know exactly when and where a vehicle accident may occur but with the following list of tools, you will be prepared for any situation:
- Emergency contact numbers – if you have been seriously injured and are rendered unconscious, these numbers will help emergency personnel contact your friends and family.
- First-aid kit – you should always include antibiotic ointment, antiseptic wipes, bandages, gauze, instant cold compresses and a thermometer in your kit.
- Bottled water and energy bar – food and water will prevent dehydration or starvation in case you are stranded without help for a length of time.
- Blanket – a blanket can help a person who has gone into shock.
- Flashlight – you may need a flashlight to see inside your car in a nighttime accident.
- Reflective triangle – these should be placed on the road to alert oncoming traffic that they need to slow down.
- Disposable camera – if it is safe to do so, take pictures of the accident for yourself and the insurance companies.
- Pen and paper – pen and paper are necessary to write down the necessary driver and insurance information after an accident.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident as a result of another driver’s negligence, the vehicle accident attorneys at Long & Long in Mobile and Baldwin County, Alabama can help you pursue legal action. Please contact our offices today to learn more about your case and the possible compensation to which you may be entitled.