While a car accident is oftentimes caused by another driver and, therefore, isn’t your fault, there are ways to protect yourself and increase your chances of avoiding an accident. If you drive in a defensive manner and keep yourself very aware, that may increase your chances of avoiding a car accident. If you’ve suffered from a car accident that was the fault of another, please contact our Mobile, Alabama injury attorneys for help today.
Here are some tips that can help you avoid a car accident:
- Obey speed limits – if you’re traveling at a safe speed, you are more likely to be able to react properly if there is something blocking your path
- Never drive distracted – cell phone use, eating, grooming, and other such activities should never be done while driving
- Maintain the proper following distance – following too closely to the vehicles in front of you can easily lead to car accidents
- Make others aware of your presence – one of the easiest ways to do this is to drive with your headlights on, even during the day
- Keep your vehicle in good working order – you want your car to perform at its best, so keeping your tires, oil, and other parts of your vehicle at their best is the optimal way to do this
At Long & Long, our Mobile, Alabama car accident attorneys truly hope that you and your family are never in an accident. We also hope that these simple tips help you avoid accidents. If you are in need of legal assistance due to an accident, please know that we can help. Call us at (251) 432-2277.