You are likely aware that you can file a slip and fall claim if you are injured by falling on poorly-maintained property. But how much money can you reasonably expect to receive from a slip and fall claim? Every slip and fall claim is unique, and the compensation you receive for your injury will depend on several factors.
Factors that can affect your slip and fall compensation include:
- The severity of your injury
- The number and type of medical procedures you’ve had as a result of the fall
- How much income you’ve lost due to your injury
- How your injuries have affected other aspects of your life
- Pain and suffering you’ve endured because of the fall
- The level of negligence displayed by the property owner
- The quality of the evidence you have to support your claim
An experienced slip and fall lawyer can help your case by accounting for each of these factors when filing your initial claim. This helps you start the legal process from a position of strength, as any negotiations or judgments will have to account for the total costs of your injury. Your lawyer should also have enough familiarity with premises liability cases to know whether your claim will have a good chance of succeeding.
For dedicated and experienced lawyers, contact the Mobile personal injury practice at Long & Long. We will give your case the personal attention it deserves, and do everything we can to secure adequate compensation for your injuries. To schedule a free case review with our slip and fall attorneys, complete our contact form at the bottom of the page or by phone at (251) 432-2277.