You and your family were simply driving home from school, minding speed limits and street signs, when, suddenly, your vehicle is sent careening into a tree after being slammed into by another car. None of you are suffering major injuries, but definitely are hurt. You get out of the car and discover the other driver appears disoriented and maybe drunk. Your first thoughts are about the safety of your family, but, then you realize you need to get help.
Here are some tips from our Mobile, Alabama auto accident lawyers on what to do immediately after being involved in a car accident:
- Ensure safety before moving about – some injuries take time to manifest, so if you’re not sure that you’re all right, don’t move
- Call the authorities immediately
- Take pictures and notes with your phone
- Exchange information with the other involved parties
- Contact our Mobile, Alabama auto accident lawyers at The Law Office of Long & Long
- Contact your insurance company
Our Alabama injury lawyers understand how terrifying an experience like this is and we are here to help guide you through it. We remind you to never admit fault, even if you believe you may have been partially at fault. Also, never tell the authorities or insurance companies that you’re not injured, but wait to be evaluated by a physician. Allow our attorneys to help get you care and help you formulate your answers before you sign any statements.
Help from our Mobile, Alabama Auto Accident Attorneys
Our auto accident attorneys at Long & Long have had decades of experience helping Mobile, Alabama residents with their auto accident cases. We are available for calls 24/7 and work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that we only collect any fees if we win a settlement for you first. For help after being involved in an automobile accident, call Long & Long today at (251) 432-2277.