Suffering the fear of a car wreck can be an overwhelming and disconcerting experience. Car wrecks happen so fast and the steps taken immediately afterward seem to happen even faster, however, they are of the utmost importance.
At Long & Long, our Mobile, AL car wreck attorneys have decades of experience in helping members of the Mobile community if they’ve suffered in a car wreck. We can offer some suggestions that will help you determine what to do after a wreck to protect yourself and your rights.
After you’ve been involved in a car accident, we recommend the following steps:
- Contact the authorities — the police can help control and document the scene, help with injuries, and ensure safety
- Document the scene — take pictures, ask questions of witnesses, and exchange insurance information with everyone involved
- Never admit fault — insurance companies will try to get you to sign documents or verbally admit fault which can be held against you at a later date
- Always see a physician — if someone asks if you are injured, always reply that you can’t be sure if you’re injured until you’ve been evaluated by a doctor
- Contact your insurance company and our Mobile, AL car wreck attorneys — insurance companies try to pay out as little damages as possible, so it’s always a good idea to let us help represent you when speaking to them
Whatever you’re struggling with after your car wreck, including insurance companies that won’t pay your claim, medical bills, loss of the ability to work, or severe injuries, our attorneys can help! Contact the attorneys at Long & Long today for a FREE case review by calling (251) 432-2277.