In a tragic accident on Sewell Road near Alabama Highway 127, a pedestrian was struck and killed by a vehicle. The pedestrian was 56-year-old Jerry Cox from Athens, Alabama. Currently, Alabama State Troopers are investigating the accident to determine what happened and if charges need to be filed.
Our Mobile, Alabama car accident attorneys have experience in trying these types of cases and can help if you or a loved one get injured due to another’s negligence. Our team also wants to offer the following suggestions for pedestrian safety:
- Always walk against the flow of traffic
- Use sidewalks and crosswalks whenever possible
- Wear very visible clothing that isn’t too dark
- Wear reflective clothing to be seen at night
- Be aware of your surroundings and make sure you can hear oncoming traffic
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident, please contact Long & Long. Our Alabama automobile accident lawyers can help you determine what you can file a suit for and what appropriate compensation would be. Call us today at (251) 432-2277.