If you or a loved one sustained injuries caused by the actions of a negligent driver, you have legal rights. Long & Long Attorneys at Law, an experienced personal injury law firm in Mobile, Alabama, has helped thousands of innocent victims obtain the justice they deserve. Don’t wait to contact our Mobile car accident lawyers today to discuss your options!
Call The Long Brothers
Getting help is simple! Just call The Long brothers at (251) 432-2277. We’ll start reviewing your case right away!
You Deserve Compensation
We fight for the money YOU deserve. Our team of experienced Mobile car accident lawyers will make sure you’re NOT taken advantage of by an insurance company!
No Fee Unless
The Long Brothers work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you won’t owe them ANYTHING unless they win for you!
We Know What You’ve Suffered
Suffering injuries after a car accident can be a life-changing experience. The stress about how you’re going to pay your medical bills can be overwhelming, especially when you aren’t able to work due to your injuries.
That’s where our team comes in! We understand what you have endured and want to help. We’ll handle the paperwork and negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf, so you can focus on your recovery. If you’re dealing with the aftermath of a car accident that wasn’t your fault, call us now! It’s absolutely free to talk with our attorneys.
See What Our Clients Have To Say!
5 Star Ratings!
"I would recommend Long & Long to anyone that needed a lawyer. My family and I had the pleasure of working hand and hand with Mr. Earl and Tami."
"Long & Long is a great!! I had no issues when I went to them. Mr.Bennett Long was great whenever I needed him and every assistant was very great as well."
"I had lost all confidence in attorneys until I used Long &Long. They were easy to work with and they have a great staff. These guys are able to get the job done in a timely manner. "
"Long & Long completely exceeded my expectations. I was in a car wreck and Bennett Long knocked it out of the park on my settlement."
"Had a great experience in dealing with this attorney firm. They seem to have done their best work for my wife and myself. They really care."
Verdicts & Settlements
We've Helped Thousands Of ClientsAnd We Can Help You Too Results Vary And Depend On The Facts Of Each Case.
$30,000,000BP Oil Spill
Types of Compensation
If you’ve been hurt in an auto accident that was caused by the wrongdoing of another driver, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Property damage
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
Most Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents are, sadly, an everyday occurrence, yet countless people are unaware of how easily they can happen. Listed below are the most common causes of car wrecks:
- Driver fatigue
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced drivers
- Vehicle defects
- Road conditions
- Distracted driving and mobile phone use
Alabama Car Accident Laws
Alabama is an at-fault auto insurance state. This means that the person who is found at fault is liable for all losses and damages. After a car accident, victims will, typically, seek damages from the at-fault party’s insurance company.
You have the right to file an insurance claim or seek compensation through a personal injury lawsuit if a negligent or careless party (such as a distracted or drunk driver) caused your accident.
However, according to the state’s “contributory negligence” law, you cannot receive any compensation if you share any of the blame for the accident.
An experienced auto accident lawyer can help you better understand the laws in Alabama that may affect your claim, so you have the best chance of receiving the justice you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions
The moments after a car accident are scary and stressful, especially when you’re uncertain about how to proceed. Here are seven steps to keep in mind after a collision:
- Get medical attention: It’s important that you see a doctor and get a medical report of your health immediately following an accident. In some cases, injuries may not become apparent until weeks or even months after your accident. If you fail to seek medical attention, it can make it much more difficult to receive the full amount of compensation you deserve for your injuries.
- Collect contact information: Make sure you obtain as much information about the auto accident and all the people involved as possible, including their names, driver’s license numbers, addresses, and phone numbers, along with that of any witnesses.
- Document the scene: Taking as many photos of the scene and your injuries as possible can help you and your attorney prove the other party’s negligence when you’re attempting to pursue compensation.
- Contact the authorities: A police report may help support your auto accident claim, as it will describe what happened and whom the responding police officer believes to be responsible for the accident.
- Don’t make any admissions: It’s important that you do not admit to anything. Admitting fault or apologizing for any part of the accident can severely damage your chances of recovering compensation, even if it wasn’t actually your fault.
- Don’t speak with insurance adjusters: Insurance adjusters are trained experts who will try to pay you less for your injuries. Their job is to save the insurance company money, not to protect your rights. With this in mind, they may pressure you to accept a very small settlement up front. Do not take this settlement or agree to anything before speaking to a knowledgeable lawyer.
Contact an auto accident attorney: Our experienced Mobile auto accident attorneys can help you determine if you’re entitled to compensation. If so, we will build a case on your behalf and work with the other driver’s insurance company to help you receive full compensation for your damages.
Unfortunately, in Alabama, the rule of contributory negligence applies. This means that if you are found to be even slightly responsible for your accident, you will not be able to recover compensation.
This makes it even more crucial to hire an experienced Alabama auto accident lawyer. If you were hurt as a direct result of another driver’s actions, our attorneys at Long & Long will work hard to prove to the insurance company — and a jury if necessary — that you played no part in your accident.
Yes. After an automobile accident, it’s in your best interest to have a police report filed. This report states vital details, such as location, property damage, and who the police believe to be at fault. This information can support your claim and may increase your chances of obtaining fair compensation.
While hiring an attorney isn’t required, it will make the legal process much smoother for you and your family. Your auto accident lawyer will deal with the insurance companies and the other party involved in the accident, obtain medical records and other necessary documents, and handle every legal aspect of your claim. This will not only alleviate the stress of navigating the legal system alone but also give you a better chance of receiving the full amount you deserve for your injuries.
The circumstances surrounding your accident play a significant role in determining how much your case is worth. Factors such as the severity of your injuries, lost wages, medical expenses, and property damage all impact the amount of compensation you may receive. In order to calculate how much your case may be worth, our team of Mobile car accident lawyers will need to first review the specific details of your case.
It depends. Typically, personal injury cases settle before a trial becomes necessary. However, if an agreement cannot be reached between both parties, then your next step may be to take your case to trial.
Contact Long & Long
If you’ve been involved in a car accident that left you with damages or serious injuries, contact the Mobile auto accident attorneys at Long & Long today by calling (251) 432-2277. You’ll receive a complimentary consultation with our legal team where we will strive to answer any questions you have about your accident. Being involved in a car accident is incredibly difficult but getting what you deserve shouldn’t be. With our experienced attorneys on your side, you can rest easy knowing that someone is fighting for your best interests.