Toyota, Scion, and Lexus have added 1.6 million vehicles to what has become the largest vehicle recall in US automotive history. The recall is for vehicles with Takata airbags and includes:
- Model years 2007-2011 Lexus ES
- Model years 2010-2011 Lexus GX
- Model years 2006-2011 Lexus IS
- Model years 2008-2011 Scion xB
- Model years 2010-2011 Toyota 4Runner
- Model years 2009 -2011 Toyota Corolla
- Model years 2009-2011 Toyota Matrix
- Model year 2011 Toyota Sienna
- Model years 2006-2011 Toyota Yaris
According to the Associated Press, many of these vehicles are registered in Alabama. If you receive a recall notice or if you have a vehicle from the list above, it is important that you take it to the closest dealership right away. Repairs for recalls are free and may help save your life.
Problems for Used Car Owners
In many cases, a recall is sent out to the address on file when the vehicle was purchased. This poses a problem to both car owners who have moved and those who purchase a used car. However, even when a recall notice does reach its intended recipient, companies that manufacture defective vehicles or component parts are not freed from liability when their products cause harm.
If you or a loved one suffer injury from a defective airbag – even if that airbag is in a vehicle that has been recalled – you may be entitled to seek compensation beyond the offerings of insurance companies. Contact Long & Long today at 251-432-2277 or fill out our free case evaluation form.