With the winter months in full swing, it is important to remember some safety tips to protect you and your family. There is always an increase in car accidents in inclement weather, oftentimes due to negligence on the driver’s part. These suggestions can help keep you safe and free from the stresses of a car accident.
The following are some safe driving tips:
- Obey traffic signals and speed limits
- Maintain vigilance
- In slick conditions, increase your following distance and decrease your speed
- Never drive under the influence
- Leave your phone alone while driving
- Always wear your seatbelt
- Have a spare tire and the necessary tools in your car
- Have chains if you may need them
- Have appropriate clothing should you break down
Our injury attorneys have seen all too many cases where the accident could have been avoided if the drivers involved had taken the necessary precautions to drive safer. During this winter, we wish you a safe and healthy season, but if the situation arises where you need help from experienced Mobile accident lawyers, please contact our team at Long & Long. You can call us at (251) 432-2277.